Perform such duties as required in the servicing of oil and gas wells and the maintenance and repair of service units and tools. Having satisfactorily completed all the training requirements, the Operator continues broadening of experience on well site operations and primary tool maintenance.
1. Operate, under normal conditions, the winch unit for running in and out of the hole; “zero” tools and monitor tension meter, cable speed, depth and spooling of cable; understand depth control and weight indicator systems, use all winch cable safety controls.
2. Prepare well for service operation, align logging unit, install sheave wheel, thread cable, and connect multiple tools as required.
3. Select, load, and unload required tools and corresponding surface instrumentation for the job.
4. Assist the engineer in maintenance checks of tools and assigned equipment in the cell.
5. Inspect, maintain, repair tools, service units, and associated equipment.
6. Assist in servicing, maintaining, marking and changing cables.
7. Build bridles and heads, and rope sockets.
8. Assess the level and nature of malfunctions and potential malfunctions and perform such remedial maintenance as within the scope of an operator’s skills and training.
9. Identify the surface instrumentation, tools, and associated equipment required to run each service in the district.
10.Maintain tools, shop and equipment in good condition and keep shop and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
11. Safely drive and operate any transport vehicle and logging truck in the district.
12. Learn proper assembly, disassembly, installation and maintenance of pressure control equipment, and attain appropriate pressure control certificate.
13. Participate in well site job risk analysis and continual improvement programs in the district that affect client satisfaction.
14. Comply with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures. Complete relevant safety training.
Competitive pay rates
Healthcare provided for full-time employees
At least 2 weeks vacation
Job Bonus opportunities
Housing offered for employees relocating
Job Type: Full-time
Wireline: 1 year (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Required)
United States (Required)